Maclennan design and install basement waterproofing systems which comply with British Standard BS8102 2009 and all insurance company and local authority requirements.
Basements are one of the most critical areas of construction and conversions. Failures in the waterproofing system can be disastrous and expensive to remedy. Waterproofing has to be carried out by specialist professionals to ensure a trouble free contract. Waterproofing design should be carried out by qualified experienced contractors and not manufacturers.
Manufacturers may give design advice and details but will not accept any liability for the installation.
Maclennan design and install waterproofing using the best and most suitable system available for each project. All work is covered by 10 Million PI and Products insurance which covers all aspects of the work.
Main causes of water in the basement:
- Poor design of waterproofing.
- Failed or damaged external or integral waterproofing.
- Poor detailing of waterproofing.
- Failed or blocked external drainage.
- Changed external environment, ie water extraction, leaking mains water, etc.
New basement waterproofing failures are normally down to poor design and installation by non-specialist contractors. Maclennan basement waterproofing design and installation is the best way to avoid liability and leaks. Maclennan have been experts in designing, installing and guaranteeing systems for over 30 years. Our design department work directly from drawings in auto cad or PDF and our trained, experienced waterproofing technicians then install the system according to the design.Reasons to choose MacLennan:
- Effective and economical basement waterproofing solutions.
- What you see is what you get: we value our relationships with our clients, which is why we are always honest and transparent about the service we provide.
- Recognised basement waterproofing specialists.
- MacLennan provide all of the detailing, data sheets, technical documentation , site supervision, Quality Control and finally guarantees and home owners pack.
- Experienced and reliable. We have been entrusted with significant contracts such as The Houses of Parliament, Kia Oval, Olympic Park Media Centre, Hilton Hotels, Barratt Homes Head offices, hundreds of multi million pound high end residential properties.
- We guarantee our work with insured warranties.
- All work is covered by 10 million Professional Indemnity Insurance.
- Our experienced team of specialists ensure that every aspect of the project will be managed and quality assured.
Please Call Us On 0845 658 77 77
For Technical Advice & Design
For more information about Maclennan Technical Data
The system chosen for basement waterproofing will depend on the construction of the basement and the situation. If the basement is reinforced concrete the system is likely to be Our Crystal coat system, or a cavity drain membrane. If the basement is masonry in a high water table then the waterproofing would most likely be internal cavity drainage, as well as external protection.
The whole system will be serviceable and repairable to comply with BS8102 and provide complete peace of mind. When it comes to basement waterproofing, you can’t take risks. You need to have experts doing the job for you. At Maclennan we take great pride in the work we do, paying close attention to every detail.