THE ULTIMATE ROOFING SYSTEM
Spray applied roofing is fast becoming the most acceptable way of providing a water tight roof covering that lasts.
The Polyprufe polyurea system is recognised as the very best spray applied system. For use on Asphalt, Asbestos, Concrete and Metal.
MacLennan also have hand applied systems that we install under our 10 year guarantee.
We offer more than other waterproofing and roofing contractors, MacLennan:-
- Design, supply and install waterproofing systems. No split responsibility
- We take full responsibility for Waterproofing your roof.
- Accept design liability on our PI (unlike any manufacturer).
- Give insurance backed guarantees of up to 30 years.
- Provide an insurance backed products guarantee.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards.
- Take on any size project from tiny garage roof to massive green roof or commercial building.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety requirements.
- Do not use sub- contractors for specialist work. Only our own fully trained staff.
- We are recommended, trusted and endorsed by the foremost market-leading architects, engineers and building contractors.
- We always accommodate project time constraints.
- Are very competitive on price.
Why does flat roofing so often leak?
Flat roofs and green roofs fail because they are waterproofed with single ply membranes which have seams and are not bonded, or Asphalt which is heavy and becomes brittle and does not accommodate fractional movement. Other common problems are detailing around drains, services, plant and movement joints.
The key to flat roof waterproofing is that the system is seamless, fully bonded, dry in seconds and impact and abrasion resistant. Polyprufe coatings combine extreme application properties such as rapid cure (even at temperatures well below 0°C) and insensitivity to humidity. They have exceptional physical properties such as impact resistance, flexibility, tear strength, tensile strength, chemical and water resistance. The result is excellent long term weathering and abrasion resistance, but still very competitively priced because it can be installed very quickly. The roof waterproofing system uses 100 percent-solids, so no solvents, no emissions and no VOC, hence an environmentally friendly coating. Due to its exceptional properties, the Polyurea spray coatings are used extensively internationally for waterproofing, corrosion protection, containment, membranes, linings to tanks and structures, protection of concrete joins and structures.
Major green roof contractors use Hot melt systems which involve hot works and are at best old technology with documented problems. Sprayed Polyprufe and Polyurethane coatings overcome all of these problems. Both Polyprufe and Polyurethane are extremely flexible, fully bonded and seamless. The Polyprufe system is virtually indestructible and durable as a finish. These systems have crack bridging properties like no other systems and can be easily detailed for movement joins. Some major waterproofing suppliers have changed their well known deck and roof waterproofing systems in favour of the sprayed coatings installed by MacLennan.
How do we ensure we will not suffer a leak?
The finished work is tested by electrical spark testing as part of the MacLennan quality assurance before providing long term guarantees.