Most failures are due to bad design and installation by non-specialist contractors
The minimum requirement for a waterproofing specialist is
- Design, supply and install all waterproofing systems. No split responsibility.
- Take full responsibility for waterproofing Basement walls, floor and roof.
- Accept design liability and have Professional Indemnity insurance (unlike any manufacturer).
- Give insurance backed guarantees of up to 20 years.
- Provide an insurance backed products guarantee for consequential damages. (Not to be confused with guarantee protection insurance )
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety requirements.
- Do not use sub-contractors for specialist work, only their own fully trained staff.
- Must be able to provide references for numerous similar projects.
- Be able to accommodate project time constraints.