Spray applied waterproofing systems are fast becoming the most acceptable way of providing a water tight covering that is long lasting when waterproofing roofs.
MacLennan use hand-applied systems for waterproofing roofs that, when installed by us, are covered under our 10 year guarantee. We offer more than other waterproofing and roofing contractors.
What are the benefits?
- Design, supply and installation of membranes for waterproofing roofs. No split responsibility
- We take full responsibility for waterproofing roofs.
- Accept design liability on our PI (unlike any manufacturer).
- Give insurance backed guarantees of up to 30 years.
- Provide an insurance backed products guarantee.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards.
- Take on any size project from tiny garage roofs to massive green roofs or even a large commercial building.
- Comply with all relevant health and safety requirements.
- We do not use sub- contractors for specialist work. Only our own fully trained staff.
- We are recommended, trusted and endorsed by the foremost market-leading architects, engineers and building contractors.
- We always accommodate project time constraints.
- Are very competitive on price.
Get in touch with our technical team today!
Why does flat roofing so often leak?
Flat roofs and green roofs fail because they are waterproofed with single ply roofing membranes which have seams and are not correctly bonded. Rather than a single play membrane the roof may use asphalt which is heavy, becomes brittle and does not accommodate fractional movement. Other common problems are detailing around drains, services, plant and movement joints.
The key to waterproofing roofs, and more importantly flat roofs, is that the system has to be seamless, fully bonded, dry in seconds and resistant to both impact and abrasion. Polyprufe (polyurea) coatings combine extreme application properties such as rapid cure (even at temperatures well below 0°C) and insensitivity to humidity.
They have exceptional physical properties such as impact resistance, flexibility, tear strength, tensile strength, chemical and water resistance. The result is excellent long-term weathering and abrasion resistance, but still very competitively priced because it can be installed very quickly.
The system used when waterproofing roofs uses 100 percent-solids, so no solvents, no emissions and no VOC, hence an environmentally friendly coating. Due to its exceptional properties, the Polyurea spray coatings are used extensively internationally for waterproofing, corrosion protection, containment, membranes, linings to tanks and structures, protection of concrete joins and structures.
Major green roof contractors use hot-melt systems which involve hot works and are at best old technology with documented problems. Sprayed Polyprufe and Polyurethane coatings overcome all of these problems. Both Polyprufe and Polyurethane are extremely flexible, fully bonded and seamless. The Polyprufe system is virtually indestructible and durable as a finish. These systems have crack bridging properties like no other systems and can be easily detailed for movement joins. Some major waterproofing suppliers have changed their well known deck and roof waterproofing systems in favour of the sprayed coatings installed by MacLennan.
How do we ensure we will not suffer a leak?
The finished work is tested by electrical spark testing as part of the MacLennan quality assurance process before providing long-term guarantees.
Why should I work with MacLennan?
We Design, supply and install. There's no split responsibility with MacLennan.
MacLennan live and breathe waterproofing, have a look at one of our free CPD seminars and find out!
MacLennan has the most comprehensive guarantees and insurances in the industry.
What else do you need to think about when waterproofing a basement?