MacLennan is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
We strive to source our materials from the most sustainable sources possible and participate in pioneering recycling schemes.
As a company that designs, supplies and installs waterproofing, our supply chain is shorter than most and we consciously select the best products for resilience.
2022 Total recycling numbers
The key points of our strategy to achieve environmental goals are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
We are passionate about the environment, wildlife and conservation. Even though a huge amount of our business is in and around London, and a great many of our staff are London based, MacLennan headquarters are located on an idyllic mini-farm in the countryside.
We work from converted barns which were earmarked for demolition for new houses 20 years ago but were rescued by Ian & Linda MacLennan and converted and conserved for use as our offices. Company director Ian MacLennan is passionate in regard to animals and the environment.
Our little farm is filled with rescued chickens and includes Alpacas some of which are being bred to work as petting animals for children and adults with difficulties. We keep peacocks, geese, and until recently Donkeys and Goats. Ian is a beekeeper and we have thousands of honey bees in hives at the farm, The farm is landscaped to provide the right environment for bees and wildlife generally. Ian is also a keen scuba diver and a sea-loving sailor so sees first-hand the effects of plastic on our shores and the oceans so our Environmental goals are an utmost priority, shaping everyday decisions at MacLennan.